Sunday 20 April 2014

Day 6 Hotel - Skype Day

Sat 19th April 2014


Helped with breakfast while David stayed in bed as he has lost his voice!!! Also he has a head cold or he may be allergic to something as he has been doing a lot of weeding. I had a wonderful Skype with my niece Bec in Australia and her boyfriend James. They gave us the fantastic news that they have got engaged!!!! David & I are so very pleased for them and I had a few tears! It is also the 6 year anniversary of my Dad’s death today - so very mixed emotions! I then Skyped Mum Trace & Rog then my friend Johanne (she also had news that her daughter got engaged yesterday!) David got up as he felt a bit better then relaxed in the sitting room watching TV. I cleaned out 3 rooms and then helped Hetty in the kitchen preparing tonight’s meal as 6 adults and 3 children wish to eat here tonight. Hetty is very organised in the massive commercial kitchen and makes things look so simple. I hope to take away with me some good recipes. Alan again went off to Malaga for more shopping! I made a tapenade, prepared some salmon, soaked strawberries in lots of liquor and learned how to make an Italian vegetable pasta sauce. The meal was another success and we enjoyed ours with Hetty & Alan in between serving the guests.
Congratulations Becky & James - so pleased for you




No comments:

Post a Comment