Wednesday 15 January 2014

A tour of Police Stations in Hertfordshire!

Wednesday 15th Jan
Had a good sleep in and slowly got ready for our trip to the Police Station in St Albans. Arrived and headed for the massive station to be confronted with a locked door with an outside telephone! (Press 1 if you’re being murdered, press 2 if you’re being raped, press 3 if you’re being robbed, press 4 if you want to present your driver’s licence) Loads of Police Stations in the UK are apparently closing for “front desk” services! We were then told by “the telephone” (after pressing 4 of course) that we had to go to Watford! There are only 4 Police Stations in the whole of Hertfordshire with a front desk .So off we drove to Watford, and managed to park in a 20 min parking spot close by. Must say the Officer in the Station was very helpful and sympathetic to my whinging about the fine, although of course he couldn’t null and void it. After a few phone calls, a trip to the Magistrates Court next door to use the toilet!! And Jo returning to the car to guard against us getting a fine (that would have been the final nail!!!!) I was informed the easiest way to deal with the points and the old address on the British Licence was to relinquish it all together and use my Aussie Licence. After another whine about a more appropriate warning would’ve avoided all this I thanked the Officer and left.
We returned to Harpenden to get some shopping for our dinner and once back paid the fine to close this very annoying episode. Spent the rest of the afternoon preparing the dinner and sorting out our day out in London tomorrow.
Have to tell everyone about my little problem with an annoying pile up the back passage that has been giving me concerns of late. I went to the Doctors for an examination, he asked me to drop my trousers and pants, bend over the table and spread my cheeks. Gloves on he begins to, with the help of a pair of tweezers, pull out some objects he saw up the rectum. First was a £5 note, then a £10 note and a £50 note, another £10 note, on and on till the last one was out. What a relief!!!!!!!!! I asked him how much had come out, so he washed it all and added it all together; £1,995 he says finally, well I replied” I said to Jo this morning that I didn’t feel Two Grand”!!!!!!!!!!PILES OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!
Another one closed!!!!!

St Albans Markets


Planning a day out in London

Mike working in his office

The dinner cooking



No comments:

Post a Comment